Gino Santercole: photo needed for Wiki
Will Dockery
2011-05-19 15:21:02 UTC
George Dance <***@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Will Dockery wrote:
>
> re:

> > I'd like to get a photo in, as well, though I know that the editors
> > already went through what Wikinfo called an "image purge" or somesuch
> > a few years back.
>
> Big problems with copyrights on photos. What you need is a fan who
> took his/her own, and is willing to CC them. But how does one find
> one?

Maybe a longshot with the sparse population on Usenet these days, but worth
a try posting to Italian music newsgroups?

--
"Wobble", "She Came From Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery &
Friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XyRCh0kj5w
George Dance
2011-05-19 18:40:31 UTC
On May 19, 11:21 am, "Will Dockery" <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> George Dance <***@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> >Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > re:

> > > I'd like to get a photo in, as well, though I know that the editors
> > > already went through what Wikinfo called an "image purge" or somesuch
> > > a few years back.
>
> > Big problems with copyrights on photos. What you need is a fan who
> > took his/her own, and is willing to CC them. But how does one find
> > one?
>
> Maybe a longshot with the sparse population on Usenet these days, but worth
> a try posting to Italian music newsgroups?

Sure. The post will go onto Google Web Search, too, so if his name is
in the title, then any fans searching his name would be likely to see
it as well.

Will Dockery
2011-05-19 23:22:56 UTC
On May 19, 2:40 pm, George Dance <***@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On May 19, 11:21 am, "Will Dockery" wrote:
>> George Dance <***@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > >Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > > re:

> > > Big problems with copyrights on photos. What you need is a fan who
> > > took his/her own, and is willing to CC them. But how does one find
> > > one?
>
> > Maybe a longshot with the sparse population on Usenet these days, but worth
> > a try posting to Italian music newsgroups?
>
> Sure. The post will go onto Google Web Search, too, so if his name is
> in the title, then any fans searching his name would be likely to see
> it as well.

Yes, and this could be a long-term item... just whenever the right
person stumble on the link.